Guaranteed Delivery Policy
We love sending Australian gifts within Australia and overseas.
If you have given all the correct address and local phone number information, and have provided any additional information we have asked of you in a prompt manner; and your gift could not be delivered, we give you a full refund.
THE KOOKABURRA POST
The Kookaburra Post is our specialist provider, delivering love from home, wherever they roam.
They are Australia’s most joyful birds and love gift-giving – just like you!
Nothing makes them more pleased than seeing the smile on the recipients face when they receive their special present from you.
In fact, it makes them so happy they break out into their well known laugh… koo koo koo ka ka ka ka!!!!!
A bit like the Hogwarts Express, the Kookaburra workers of the Kookaburra Post gather every weekday afternoon from the rooftops of our warehouse, 5/1 Fortiutude Crescent, Burleigh Heads, QLD 4220.
They gather all our carefully packaged parcels and take off across Australia and around the world, delivering them with care.
They love making sure they get where they’re supposed to go and feed live tracking information into our main frame systems!
Please see below for specific policies relating to Australian and International deliveries.
The Kookaburra Post sends within Australia, as well as to the USA, UK, Japan, Canada,Hong Kong, New Zealand, Singapore and the Philippines.
See more information on Where We Deliver To and any restrictions here.
We send tracking details for all orders
Our warehouse is on the Gold Coast, Australia, so generally if you live in Brisbane or Sydney, delivery generally takes 1-2 working days (if ordered before 9am AEDST although with the option this is not guaranteed); Melbourne the standard delivery is approximately 3-5 working days; and South Australia / WA / NT / Regional & Rural areas longer. These are estimates only, and delivery timescales are not guaranteed as these are entirely out of our control. At Christmas time and busy periods, delivery may take longer.
If you need your gift urgently, we recommend selecting Express Post service.
If you want to check delivery for your postcode with Australia post standard, enter our postcode (4220) and your postcode on this online estimater from Australia Post: https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/calculate-postage-delivery-times/#/
In some circumstances beyond our control, delivery may be delayed. We cannot be held responsible for these instances but will endeavour to do all we can to investigate any issues on your behalf.
LOCAL PICKUP FROM OUR WAREHOUSE
You are welcome to pick up deliveries from our warehouse on the Gold Coast: Shed 5/1 Fortitude Crescent, Burleigh Heads Q4220.
If you choose this option, it’s free – please choose the option at checkout, and you will receive an email letting you know from what time your gift will be ready. Warehouse opening hours for collecting gifts is generally 9am-4pm Monday – Friday and 9:30am – 11am Saturdays; however please wait for our email confirmation, as there may be exceptions.
Please note we do not have a shop-front and are an online only business. If you choose to collect your gifts from our warehouse, they will be left at reception to pick up – there is no general browsing of stock in our working warehouse environment.
EXPRESS DELIVERY TO ANY AUSTRALIAN ADDRESS
If you live in a metro area and want next-day delivery, order before 10AM AEDST and choose express delivery.
Depending on where you are based, we generally use DHL Express or Australia Post Express for express delivery at a flat rate of $20 for any parcel, anywhere in Australia
- If ordering before 10am AEDST we will endeavour to dispatch express deliveries on the same day from our Gold Coast headquarters. There may be exceptions when there are public holidays, or we are closed for stocktake, for example.
- Delivery time from date of dispatch for express is ‘next day’ if ordered before 10am AEDST for metro areas (i.e. ares in main metro area of Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Darwin and Perth) and outside Tasmania. Please not this is not guaranteed and may be longer in busy periods like Christmas.
- Please also note, Australia Post now automatically adds an additional day to their estimated delivery date on Express Post parcels. In our experience, this is not correct if you are within an Australia Post ‘Next Day Delivery Guarantee’ area. See here for the Next Day Delivery Guarantee information from Australia Post.
- Regional, Rural and Tasmanian addresses will take 1-3 days longer than standard express.
- In some circumstances beyond our control, delivery may be delayed. We cannot be held responsible for these instances, for example in extreme weather events or at busy Christmas periods. We will, however, do all we can to investigate and resolve this on your behalf.
INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY – USA, UK, JAPAN, CANADA, HONG KONG, NEW ZEALAND, SINGAPORE, AND THE PHILIPPINES
We ship internationally to the countries listed above with Kookaburra express as standard.
We do this for a flat rate based on the weight of your gift that covers everything you need, including any customs duties and taxes payable.
See here for the latest freight rates on international delivery
What our flat International Rate covers:
International Express freight with the Kookaburra Express (some people call this DHL Express or UPS Express)
Any duties / taxes payable in the country you are sending to
Estimated date of arrival and tracking and tracing of your gift in real time
Assistance with customs clearance if your item is stopped in customs
- Approximately 5% of packages globally get stopped in customs for full and thorough inspections.
- Different countries have different requirements and sometimes when this 5% of parcels are stopped, more information is required from either us (the shipper) or the person you are sending the gift to (the receiver).
- When this happens, we will help communicate further information required, and keep you in the loop with the latest updates.
- We do not deliver packages with alcohol in them to any country outside the UK, Japan, or Australia due to either excessive duties payable on arrival, or prohibitive laws preventing their import (yes, even in gift packs). If you are sending outside UK, Japan or Australia, please take alcohol out of your hamper (this is an option for all hampers).
- Please note we cannot be held responsible or liable for any delayed delivery or delivery issues due to circumstances beyond our control such as Customs delays, incorrect delivery address given, local transport issues due to major events like parades, the Commonwealth or Olympic Games; extreme weather events; or any other unforeseen circumstances.
- As a general rule, 5% of packages globally are stopped in customs for further inspection which delays the delivery process and is beyond our control.
YOUR DELIVERY DETAILS
- Please ensure your delivery details entered in the check-out process are accurate, and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if there’s any required changes. We cannot be held responsible for failed delivery due to incorrect address details given.